Everything you need to know about staying with us.
August 10, 2020
At Ahau Collection we appreciate that travelling is now a balance of maintaining physical health but also the emotional need to escape. Our collection of hotels is a bespoke mix of spread out stand-alone (barefoot in the sand) luxury bungalows & villas and rooms with open-air and ventilated common areas offering the perfect escape in which to "lose" yourself. Guest Rooms
At All Ahau Collection hotels our primary concern is always hygiene, sanitation and safety. Cleanliness of our guest rooms and common areas has always been of key importance to us in which Housekeeping plays a vital role. As we welcome you back into our family our goal is to make you feel secure at all times. We believe these protocols never vary and have been enhanced in line with local and federal government guidelines. We are using cleaning products formulated specifically for disinfecting COVID-19. This we do to ensure not only the safety of our guests but also of our staff, a healthy and happy household creates a happy family:
- Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guest depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention to all high-touch items such as switches, controls, handles, doorknobs and taps.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all guest rooms as a necessary amenity.
- Regular cleaning of air filters and air conditioning systems.
- Upon the arrival, the guests' temperature will be measured with a digital non-contact thermometer.
- Guest luggage is sanitized on arrival.
- We want to ensure your experience remains the best it can be. Guests may communicate with the Front Desk and make their requests from the comfort of their mobile phone via text message or WhatsApp to minimize personal contact.
We believe it is essential to minimize the risk of high contact areas and therefore we are confident these are the best practices to keep you safe and secure:
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at hotel entrances, front desks and throughout the hotel areas.
- Surfaces, common areas and shared use objects are being cleaned and disinfected continuously.
- High touch points e.g. door handles, light switches, tabletops, chairs, surfaces in general cleaned continuously.
- Social distancing guidance in public areas across hotel properties.
RestaurantsWe want you to enjoy our food and beverage outlets as either an outside guest or just be a part of our experience as a hotel guest, in order for that to happen we wish you to know the following protocols are in place.
- All restaurants, bars and kitchens are continuously cleaned and sanitized, including all points of contact from menus, tables, chairs, cutlery and glassware.
- We offer our menus on QR codes.
- Our Kitchen staff want you to feel comfortable and we have reinforced what was already in addition to department protocols, all personal health procedures, these include facemasks, gloves and hair caps enforced on a daily basis our goal is to make you feel safe and secure always.
- We have understood the need to reduce our Restaurant and beach access, we ask you to be a part of this, if you are not a hotel guest please respect the fact that we require you to act responsibly, maintain safe distancing and practice responsible PPE guidelines.
- Implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service.
- All the food and products we receive undergo a disinfection process before entering the hotel.
StaffOur staff are a part of your family while you stay with us. We're ensuring that our staff members stay healthy both at the hotels as at home with:
- Provision of surgical masks and hand sanitizer to all associates.
- Continuous training and certification process for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Temperature checks for all staff upon arrival and departure of hotel.
- Staff transport is sanitized at start and end of each trip. Hand sanitizer and face masks used on each trip. Shoes disinfected before entering.
- Continuous briefing of all staff on enhanced personal hygiene: regular hand washing and no touching face.
- Monitoring continuously their wellbeing.
- Staying in touch, they are our most important asset and critical to ensuring your safety and hygiene during your stay with us. They have a direct line to us, and we are always available to them.
Ahau Collection Family.